Saturday, November 6, 2010

A Christmas Card Picture Worth One Unorganized Word


A picture is worth a thousand words. . .or one in this case. Today was Christmas Card 2010 picture day and it was one snapshot worth remembering.

Last year for Christmas, Caleb was non-mobile. He rarely got very upset and for pictures he always had the same face. He never really smiled, just kind gave that far-off gaze that most teenagers seem to give.

This year, though, I had a plan. Since Caleb is so insanely cute, I decided to dress him up in an even cuter Christmas sweater with reindeer and all. Yes, reindeer. It was absolutely adorable. I also had my handsome, studley husband get all decked out as well. We all color coordinated and were perfectly in sync.

You know, everyone for their Christmas cards wants to give the impression that their whole lives are together and perfect, while in fact when you go their house on an off day it is messy (as everyone else’s is) and their family is matching all of the time. I’m just a typical American mom striving for an image of organization (HA!) that wanted a picture perfect, Leave It to Beaver Christmas Card.

Well, we got all dolled up and coordinated and trekked out to our picture taking spot. Caleb had not had a nap. We found out quickly that Caleb wanted a nap and he most definitely did not want to take a Christmas picture. He would cry or get upset or sit down and pout.

If you know my child, this is not usually my child. Usually he is a happy go-lucky baby that is as good-natured as they get. Even the nursery workers say so! Today, of all days, he was not happy. I had been planning this day for weeks on end and it went terribly!

I did get a semi-decent Christmas picture. Caleb never actually smiled, but we at least got the same far off look from last year’s card. Hey, you can’t ask to much from this ADMITEDLLY unorganized mom.

Lesson learned today, just go with the flow. When it comes to Caleb and Christmas cards, its not something worth fretting over. Besides, I don’t think I am the only un-organized un-together mom there is out there.

2 comments:

  1. You're more organized than me; I haven't even thought about Christmas cards!

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah...there's definitely a club for un-organized, un-together moms...but everyone's too busy to ever meet! ;)

    Your family is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete